Computer Hardware Engineer 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Computer Hardware Engineer4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
- Researches, designs, develops, and tests a variety of electronic equipment and systems, including radar and other RF and electro optical and infrared sensing systems; communications, navigation and identification equipment and systems; computing, networking and storage components; and control and command equipment
- Design and develop computer, network, and storage architecture, perform hardware integration and testing, and requirements analysis
- Performing trade studies, documenting subsystem architectures, analyzing performance, and evaluating Technology Readiness Level (TRL) with regard to supplier current and future products offerings, developing supplier evaluation criteria and conducting technical evaluations, documenting results and selection
- Developing supplier documentation, performance based specifications, and statements of work and ability to review documents from the supplier's development effort and support supplier technical interchange meetings and design reviews
- Working on a multidisciplinary team and will have, in part or whole, responsibilities in writing technical proposals
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of computer hardware engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 7 years of computer hardware engineering experience OR
- PhD Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 4 years of computer hardware engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience in computer architecture and associated elements; processing hardware, operating systems, board support packages, messaging middleware, networking standards/protocols (e.g. 1553, 1394, Ethernet), and/or data storage
- A current DoD Secret level security clearance
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with integration of COTS electronics and Board Support Package (BSP) designs into military systems
- Experience in estimating application performance within the constructs of the hardware and experience in methods of measuring application performance
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top