Composites Production Opr Entr
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
This job involves the manufacturing of composite structures components using hand and automated lay-up methods.
Fabricates and verifies inspection of composite hardware using a variety of methods such as material, mold and tool preparation, hand layup, autoclave and oven operations, bonding, assembly, trimming, and final finishing. Utilizes standard measuring equipment and power hand tools. Reads, interprets, and follows instructions using blueprints, technical specifications and operating procedures. Facilitates and participates in composite-sensitive product and tooling moves. Performs safe handling and proper waste disposal tasks to ensure environmental compliance. Frequently uses recognized problem solving methods to solve unique problems. Utilizes lean manufacturing principles and disciplines to enhance quality, cost and delivery. Must pass all job-specific or specialized certification and qualification programs required for core tasks or specialized assignments. Tasks may be performed in a team environment or individually based.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required
- Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required
- Responsible for personal / Team safety
- Basic shop math skills
- Ability to read and interpret written procedures, drawings and perform the functions as specified by the procedure
- Ability to use the proper measuring tools
- Ability to use basic inspection equipment and techniques
- Ability to understand and work with Lean manufacturing principles and disciplines
- Stand continuously and walk continuously
- Perform standing work continuously
- Climb stairs (up to 17 height) occasionally
- Carry Materials at waist height of 60lbs occasionally for a distance of up to 30ft
- Reach with upper body continuously
- Lift, push, and/or pull various loads of up to 70lbs to different heights and in different directions
- Use thumbs and hand to apply 15lbs of force for up to 5 seconds
- Composite manufacturing experience and/or certification
Back to top