Composites Production Opr Entr
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
As a Composites Production Operator Entr, you will work on and inspect next generation composite structures in a high-rate manufacturing setting.
This job involves the manufacturing of composite structures components using hand and automated lay-up methods.
- Candidate must have 0-2 years of experience in a composite manufacturing, aerospace, or production environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
- Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required
- Responsible for personal / Team safety
- Basic shop math skills
- Ability to read and interpret written procedures, drawings and perform the functions as specified by the procedure
- Ability to use the proper measuring tools
- Ability to use basic inspection equipment and techniques
- Ability to understand and work with Lean manufacturing principles and disciplines
Over the course of a 12-hour shift must be able to:
- Stand continuously and walk continuously
- Perform standing work continuously
- Climb stairs (up to 17 height) occasionally
- Carry Materials at waist height of 60lbs occasionally for a distance of up to 30ft
- Reach with upper body continuously
- Lift, push, and/or pull various loads of up to 70lbs to different heights and in different directions
- Use thumbs and hand to apply 15lbs of force for up to 5 seconds
Preferred Skills / Education:
- Composite manufacturing experience and/or certification
Competencies for Success for all Positions:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top