Composite Bonder Technician - Level 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Composite BonderTechnician Level 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The selected candidate will bond a variety of dissimilar material assemblies (composite, metal, or laminate), parts, skins, components, equipment or structures into semi-finished or finished products.
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Lay out articles, cut parts or materials to size and apply liquid or solid bonding agents.
- Understanding of complex ply orientations and vacuum bagging processes
- Operate autoclave, hydraulic presses, and ovens to complete bonding cycle
- Control conditions of heat, pressure, and timing by setting and operating various controls according to the specifications for the materials and the bonding agent being used
- Sands, burrs and smooth over areas, applying sealing resins to cut or exposed edges
- Monitors and verifies quality of finished product. Completes repairs on composite, metal or laminate bonded products using inspection and rework instructions
- Required ability to perform moderately strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment.
- Must be willing to work any shift or work schedule
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years' composites experience in an aerospace, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD secret clearanceand program access prior to beginning work
- The ability to work 1 st 5 am 3:30 pm or 2 nd shift 4:12 pm 2:42 am and any work schedule
- Active DOD secret clearance with an investigation date/periodic review within the last 6 years
- Experience with structural subassemblies such as rudders, flaps and stabilizers
Back to top