Comp Prototype Technician 2
- West Valley City, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Composite Prototype Technician, to work in our Carbon 3D Weaving Operations area at our Bacchus Facility in Magna, Utah.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team in the Carbon/Carbon manufacturing facility in the fabrication of 3D Composites Carbon/Carbon Rocket Motor Nozzle Integral Throat Entry components and ablative structures, using automated textile weaving machinery and high pressure/temperature autoclaves.
• Able to prepare and operate 3D composite weaving machines and Densification Autoclaves including assembly of pre-forms, routing/lacing of graphite fiber spools.
• Able to continuously monitor machinery to ensure weaving is completed according to established planning and procedures.
• Safety performs duties associated with the Densification process which includes the set-up, operation and monitoring of high temperature and high pressure equipment.
• Able to monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process control and design specifications.
• Participates in programs or functional team projects developing process improvement methods, solutions, and procedures to enhance program quality, cost, and scheduling.
• Must pass all job-specific or specialized training programs required for core tasks or specialized assignments.
• Required to perform safe handling of hazardous waste materials for disposal.
• Possess ability to understand, and apply stringent procedures to assigned duties. Ethics, compliance, and quality of work are essential to this position.
• Must be able to work shift work to include weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs.
• Currently possess or be able to obtain a secret clearance.
• High School Diploma or GED plus 2 years of related work experience
• Prefer Associates degree or Technical Certificate related to composite material
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top