Comp Prototype Technician 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Composite Prototype Technician, to work in our Carbon 3D Weaving Operations area at our Bacchus Facility in Magna, Utah.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team in the Carbon/Carbon manufacturing facility in the fabrication of 3D Composites Carbon/Carbon Rocket Motor Nozzle Integral Throat Entry components and ablative structures, using automated textile weaving machinery and high pressure/temperature autoclaves.
- Able to prepare and operate 3D composite weaving machines and Densification Autoclaves including assembly of pre-forms, routing/lacing of graphite fiber spools.
- Able to continuously monitor machinery to ensure weaving is completed according to established planning and procedures.
- Safety performs duties associated with the Densification process which includes the set-up, operation and monitoring of high temperature and high pressure equipment.
- Able to monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process control and design specifications.
- Participates in programs or functional team projects developing process improvement methods, solutions, and procedures to enhance program quality, cost, and scheduling.
- Must pass all job-specific or specialized training programs required for core tasks or specialized assignments.
- Required to perform safe handling of hazardous waste materials for disposal.
- Possess ability to understand, and apply stringent procedures to assigned duties. Ethics, compliance, and quality of work are essential to this position.
- Must be able to work shift work to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs.
- Currently possess or be able to obtain a secret clearance.
- High School Diploma or GED plus 2 years of related work experience
- Prefer Associates degree or Technical Certificate related to composite material
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top