Communications Staff Systems Engineer
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Communications Systems Engineer 5 to work in Redondo Beach, California.
The Communications Systems Engineer 5 will support architecture trades, design analysis, and performance modeling through computer simulation. This individual will provide systems engineering support to hardware developments for air, space, and ground systems utilizing state-of-the-art antenna, RF, digital, and microelectronics technologies. Project roles span all phases of product development cycle, from new business acquisition, and IRAD/ technology development to established programs delivering integrated hardware and software systems. Systems engineering activities include system architecture design, trade studies, specification development, requirement definition and allocation, performance analysis and simulation; system modeling and simulation tool development, and support to hardware design, manufacturing, integration and test.
Essential experience in the following areas:
- Communication systems
- RF and digital hardware design
- Baseband and digital signal processing
- Waveform design
- Signal detection and estimation
- Synchronization theory
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 14 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 12 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Doctorate of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 9 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Practical working experience with system architecture design, trade studies, and performance analysis and simulation
- Technical experience with supporting hardware development utilizing antenna, RF, digital, and microelectronic technologies
- Active Secret Clearance
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science
- Completed relevant coursework in Communication Theory and Digital Signal Processing
- Experience with baseband and digital signal processing, and waveform design
- Possess strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Back to top