Communications Security (COMSEC) Custodian 3
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Communications Security (COMSEC) Custodian to support the DSS-ITSS program. This position is located in Quantico, VA.
The COMSEC Custodian assists the DSS COMSEC Manager in performing the functions and responsibilities of securing equipment, materials, and information. All services shall be performed in accordance with the DOD and IC COMSEC policies and procedures.
A successful candidate will possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plan and lead major technology assignments. Evaluate performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments and may supervise others.
- Maintain up-to-date records of COMSEC inventory and submit required accounting reports IAW policies and procedures.
- Administer initial briefings and debriefings to individual users; maintain copies of all.
- Complete required NSA COMSEC training within the required performance timelines.
- Programming and local distribution of COMSEC devices to include but not limited to; Secure Telephone Equipment (STE), Sectera vIPer Universal Secure phone, and network encryptor solutions (i.e. TACLANEs).
- Order, receipt, loading and management of COMSEC keying material using devices such as the Key Management Infrastructure (KMI) and Simple Key Loader (SKL) and other devices as necessary.
- Ensure each COMSEC Element accounts are in compliance with NSA policies.
- Provide technical and administrative support to COMSEC equipment holders documenting within DSS Service Support system.
- Evaluate new COMSEC equipment and fax machines for use by DSS.
- Maintain a stock of COMSEC equipment to provide immediate replacement of operational equipment for use in establishing emergency circuits and to replace equipment in need of repair.
- Provide technical support to DSS to facilitate interoperability of purchases of COMSEC equipment.
- Update and maintain the SOPs for COMSEC activities.
- Re-key all circuits as required.
- Assist in properly storing, managing, and maintaining accountability within KMI on all COMSEC material and assets.
- Maintain COMSEC access list for DSS COMSEC Controlled/Closed Area Designations.
- Ensure prompt and accurate preparation, signature, and submission of account correspondence, message, and accounting reports.
- Conduct periodic spot checks to ensure clearances listed are actually held and valid.
- Develop and conduct COMSEC training and materials.
- 5 Years' experience with Bachelors a technical specialty: cyber security, computer science, or similar field; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
- Four (4) additional years of experience may be considered in lieu to degree.
- 2 years of experience with COMSEC policies and procedure
- Ability to work effectively in a team that includes DoD military personnel, civilians and contractors
- Must have CompTIA Security or equivalent certification.
- Must possess active/current TS clearance (SCI eligible)
- DOD Policy and trained on COMSEC Standardized COMSEC Custodian Course (SCCC)
- GCIH or other Incident Handling certification
- Vulnerability management
- Experience with DSS or the DoD Security Community
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top