Communications Hardware Engineer Electronics 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Communications Hardware Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The Communications Hardware Engineer supports the COMMs IPT in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment. The Hardware Engineer is responsible for the engineering capture, build, integration, test and maintenance of communications hardware in laboratory and field settings. This includes the specification and usage of specialized test and support equipment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Rack / site layout of communications, test and support equipment in lab and field environments
- Electrical & mechanical (signal, power & thermal) analysis at the rack/inter-rack level
- Generation of Engineering drawings, including interconnect wiring diagrams
- Analysis of Supplier LRUs, including step-file/3-D model review and compliance to Environmental specifications
- Specification of rack cabling (RF, optical, power) and cooling systems
- Lab and site integration, test and maintenance support
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM degree
- At least 2 years of experience working with electrical test equipment (e.g, signal analyzers, power meters, digital multi meters or DMMs)
- Active DoD Secret security clearance with ability to obtain/maintain a Top Secret clearance w/ SSBI in a timely manner
- Must be able to travel up to 25%
- Master's Degree in an Engineer discipline with 0 year of experience
- Knowledge of electrical test equipment (e.g., signal analyzers, power meters, DMMs)
- Top Secret clearance and active SSBI with investigation date within the last 5 years
- Working knowledge of communication engineering theory and RF systems
- Working knowledge of various communication protocols including Ethernet, 1553 bus systems and FibreChannel
- Hands-on experience with communications LRUs
- Technical Subject Mater Expert in one or more of the following: power and cooling design; thermal analysis; RF, optical cabling
- Experience with mechanical modeling and simulation tools – e.g., CATIA, FloTHERM
- Experience with drawing & release tools – e.g., Visio, TeamCenter
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude to learn new material quickly
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top