Communications Engineer 3
Description: The Communications Engineer is responsible for the design, development, integration, and test of aviation related communications systems for a developmental program. Note: Desired skills include Project Management & EVMS/CAM experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Requirements management, system integration, test development/execution of various types of communications systems
- Perform RF communication system analysis and system performance trade studies
- Document system requirements and interfaces, with traceability to platform requirements
- Perform review and analysis of supplier design data, definition of functional test requirements including acceptance, qualification, and system integration
- Perform proposal activities such as creating task descriptions & basis of estimates, writing supplier statements of work, and performing technical evaluation of Supplier proposals.
- Plan out integration, test, and demonstration activities
- Perform responsible engineering activities to manage suppliers and ensure products meet the requirements within cost and schedule
- Actively participate in Program Risk and Opportunity Management.
- Coordinate across Integrated Product Teams to disseminate information and drive issues to closure
- BS in Engineering (Electrical/Computer Science, Mechanical, or Aerospace) or
related technical discipline (Physics, Mathematics)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Communications Engineering
- Practical working experience with various types of RF systems
- Active DOD Secret security clearance (within 5 year scope) with ability to
obtain TS w/ SSBI
- Aptitude to learn new material quickly.
- Proven self-directed technical leader with strong communication skills,
demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary technical trades, and ability
to develop & execute to a strategy
- Must possess working knowledge in Systems Engineering
- Masters Degree in an Engineering Discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Experience with the integration and test of aviation related communications
systems or component sub-systems
- Working knowledge of communication engineering theory
- Active TS with SSBI investigation date in last 5 years
- Prior unit/subsystem/Payload/Segment Systems Engineering experience
- Prior experience with multiple program phases (Design, Development,
Production, Operations) and experience managing teams
- Experience with a variety of networking protocols
- CAM experience, including working knowledge of EVMS and project schedule
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top