Communications Engineer 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people™s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they™re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for aCommunications Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
Under the direction and leadership of the Triton Mission Systems Comms Lead, the Mission Systems COMMS Engineer is a position to support Triton development, integration, and flight test operations focusing on the Communications Subsystem.
- Perform subsystem analysis, document system requirements and interfaces, with traceability to platform requirements
- Perform/support review and analysis of supplier design data, definition of functional test requirements including acceptance, qualification, and system integration.
- Perform/support design reviews, or reviews of design related documentation (ICDs, system and subsystem design documents, etc.)
- Perform field integration, troubleshooting and repair of communications and data link systems in military flight test environment, including operations on a flightline, in a hangar, and in command and control centers.
- Perform SIL and flight test planning and execution, both CONUS and OCONUS.
- Perform change management and engineering change proposal (ECP) duties, including preparation, analysis, planning and execution.
- Support development and management of integrated schedules, earned value, risk management, and status reports & briefings and other program communications.
- Bachelor™s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university
- Must have at least 2 years of Engineering experience or 0 years with a Master™s Degree in a STEM related field
- Experience with communications technologies examples include: Internet Protocol (IP) networks, Voice over IP (VoIP), Information Assurance (IA), satellite and Line-of-Sight (LOS) RF communications, control interfaces, co-site interference
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance
- Master™s Degree
- Active in scope DOD Secret Clearance
- Working knowledge of RS-422, MIL-STD-1553, and internet protocol (IP) based networks, development and test methodologies.
- Working knowledge of US DoD Communication systems such as INMARSAT, Wide Band SATCOM, UHF SATCOM, UHF LOS, and/or Common Data Link (CDL), for supporting autonomous aircraft C2 and voice systems
- Working knowledge of Link-16 and other tactical data links.
- Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work confidently in a high-pressure environment, while interacting with all levels of staff from flight-line and field technicians to executive management
- Excellent leadership skills, be a self-starter, pay close attention to details, and have the ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top