College Intern Technical - SW Engineer
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Embedded Software Engineers for an internship opportunity. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Bethpage, NY.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Software Engineering department here in Bethpage, NY. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people focused-environment where he/she will interact with other
developers, other engineering disciplines and our customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, operate, and maintain software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to and integrated with engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements
- Apply the appropriate Software Engineering standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and products such as laboratory
simulation systems, and display systems
- Interface with customers, suppliers, application users, and other technical and support personnel
- Travel to customer site for installation of our SW applications upon completion (dependent on program phase)
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be a student who is enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university
- Be majoring in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top