- Devens, MA
CNC Machinist Devens MA
Adaptive Optics Associates - Xinetics (AOA Xinetics), a wholly-owned Northrop Grumman Space Systems, Payload and Ground Systems Division Business Venture, is currently seeking an experienced CNC Machinist to support Xinetics activities in Devens MA.
AOA Xinetics (AOX) designs, develops, and manufactures precision, advanced optical products and systems such as deformable mirrors, optical systems, adaptive optics control systems and silicon carbide optical structures for the U.S. Government, commercial customers, and U.S. defense prime and second-tier contractors. Markets for these technologies include civilian astronomy and semiconductor capital equipment as well as defense ISR and Directed Energy. Several potential direct and adjacent application areas also exist.
AOX delivers industrial photonics systems and development services for a variety of customers and applications. AOX excels in a range of applications from adaptive optical systems, deformable mirrors, wavefront sensors, precision actuators, to photonic systems that acquire and process data in real time for a variety of high availability applications. AOX's capabilities include lightweight passive and active hybrid CERAFORM silicon carbide optics and precision structures as well as large and small precision opto-mechanical systems supporting electronics and sophisticated controls software.
Reporting to the Precision Device Production Manager, the CNC Machinist will be responsible for the execution and support of all machining activities as they related to the production of products. Including machining of ceramic materials containing lead oxides, and the ability to handle all fragile components required during the build process.
- Sets up and operate a variety of machine tools such as GN grinder, IWT wire saw, and Haas machining centers to make ceramic parts to exacting tolerances and dimensions
- Program CNC equipment by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs
- Conduct machine set-ups installing and adjusting chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices
- Interpret blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards
- Use a variety of machinist hand tools and precision measuring instruments
- Determine material, parts, and equipment required
- Set up and operate any type of precision machine tool to make original parts, tools, mechanisms, and devices.
- Solve problems relative to work-holding arrangement, unusual materials, machine settings and tools
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Document actions by completing production work instructions
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 5+ years of CNC Machining and Programming experience
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and blue prints
- Use of basic hand tools
- Strong attention to detail and good verbal/written communication skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- U.S. Citizenship is a requirement for employment
- Associates Degree in a mechanical or machining related curriculum or 15years machining and programming experience
- Ability to lay out own work
- Expert in ASME Y14.5-2009, Dimensioning and Tolerancing specification.
- Proven and demonstrated experience in machining of ceramic materials; e.g. alumina, silicon carbide.
- Proficiency with MasterCAM, SurfCAM or equivalent CNC software.
- Set up and operates a variety of machine tools.
- 4 years' additional education and/ CNC machine experience
- Work with little supervision
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand, sit, walk and bend for long periods of time
Back to top