CNC Machine Shop Manager 1 (2nd shift)
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seekinga CNC Machine Shop Manager 1 to join its Mechanical Design & Fabrication (MD&F)Machine Shop in Linthicum, Maryland.The MD&F Machine Shop is responsible for supplying the factory with complex, machined components for integration and assembly into ground and air based radar systems.
This is a 2 nd shift position, typical hours are Monday-Friday 3:30PM-12:00AM.
TheCNC Machine Shop Manageris responsible for the direct supervision of employees and processes in a manufacturing environment.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Provide direction to employees utilizing management guidelines and general policies.
- Driving employee efficiency
- Meeting product cost and schedule targets
- Managing the area to produce quality products
- Engaging employees to achieve their highest potential.
- Direct supervision of approximately20-25 represented (union) employees.
- Work independently across organizations
- Manage the use of consumables to achieve budget targets
- Achieve target productive yields
- Implement process improvements to improve affordability, quality, and schedule
- Maintain a safe working environment by interfacing with the Environmental, Health, Safety and Fire Protection Department.
- Perform required SAP/MES transactions to manage employee time
- Update and present Metrics for the area
- Communicate with different organizations, Engineering, Production, Programs, etc.
- Attend and add guidance to Corrective Action Board (CAB)meeting to improve product quality and test yields
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of3 years of experiencewith CNC machining, CNC programming, tool/die makingor a related field;7 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- At least2 years of manufacturing, production or engineering experience
- Experience with manufacturing and production concepts
- Proficient in the use of MS office products
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance (US citizenship required)
- Must be willing and able to work 2nd shift (typical hours are Mon-Fri 3:30PM-12AM)
- Bachelor's Degree in business, chemicalorindustrial engineering, or other STEM area.
- Prior experience working in a represented (union) environment
- Working knowledge of SAP and MS Excel
- Previous experience as a Journeyman Machinist or Journeyman Tool and Die Maker
- 10+ years of experience supervising a machine shop
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top