Cloud Systems Administrator
- Annapolis Junction, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Are you ready to leverage your security clearance, knowledge and technical experience in a new role? Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for our customers? Do you want to be part of a transformation that leverages the cloud to build and deliver new capabilities? If so, there is a future for you to support a portfolio of highly visible and strategic programs at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking multiple Cloud Administrators to support faced-paced cutting edge programs ensuring national security and defense. The positions are located in the Annapolis Junction, MD greater area.
This position represents immediate opportunities across multiple programs. Though each program has specific labor categories which must be met prior to placement, all candidates must minimally meet the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional systems administration experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• 3+ years of experience with Systems Administration and/or Cloud Administration in similar environments
• Experience administering Linux OS
• Cloud Skills such as Hadoop, AWS, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, HDFS, Accumulo and/or Cassandra
• Scripting such as BASH, Python, Perl and/or Groovy
• Familiar with CM tools such as Jira, Git and/or Subversion
• Familiar with Provisioning tools such as Ansible, Puppet, and/or Salt
• Familiar with Monitoring Tools such as Nagios, Splunk and/or Wireshark
• Familiar with Virtualization tools such as VMware and/or MASH
Security: Active TS/SCI w/Polygraph is required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Cloud Administrator Certification
• Nessus scans
• Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud
• CM tools such as Jira, Git and/or Subversion
• ELK Stack
• Network products such as Cisco, Brocade, Juniper Networks
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top