Cloud Software Engineer - TS/SCI w/poly required
- Annapolis Junction, MD
In today's conflicts, a new battlefield is arising - one where traditional systems aren't the only ones targeted. At Northrop Grumman, we create unrivaled, full-spectrum cyber solutions to actively combat these threats. Our offensive and defensive capabilities act as powerful deterrents, while built-in resiliency hardens systems so that when attacked, they're protected. That's why we're a leader in end-to-end Cyber for the modern world. We're seeking a Cloud Software Engineer who wants to join our team on this cyber battlefield. The position will be located in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities: You will provide cloud software research, development, and engineering services to include requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, sustainment, testing, validation, and issue diagnosis/resolution.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, Engineering, or in a related technical field. Four years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
• Must have at least 2 years of experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
• Must have demonstrated ability to work with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, Accumulo, Big Table, et cetera
• Must have at least one (1) year of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++, et cetera
• Must have at least two (2) years of experience in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scriptsr.
• Hadoop/Cloud Developer Certification
• Demonstrated experience with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, Accumulo, and/or Big Table
• Demonstrated experience with Map/Reduce and/or Hadoop, Hive, and/or Pig
• Demonstrated experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
• Demonstrated experience with Big-Data Cloud Scalability (e.g. Amazon, Google, and/or Facebook)
• Demonstrated experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms
• Demonstrated experience with compute cluster monitoring tools (e.g. Hobbit, Ganglia)
• Demonstrated experience with Accumulo internals, to include configuring, tuning, and testing Accumulo in many configurations (>200 node clusters)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top