Cloud Software Engineer
- Annapolis Junction, MD
Are you ready to leverage your security clearance, knowledge and technical experience in a new role? Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for our customers? Do you want to be part of a transformation that leverages the cloud to build and deliver new capabilities? If so, there is a future for you to support a portfolio of highly visible and strategic programs at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking multiple Cloud Software Engineers to support faced-paced cutting edge programs ensuring national security and defense. The positions are located in the Annapolis Junction, MD greater area.
This position represents immediate opportunities across multiple programs. Though each program has specific labor categories which must be met prior to placement, all candidates must minimally meet the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• 2+ years of experience with Software Engineering in environments with similar software processes
• Cloud Skills such as Hadoop, AWS, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, HDFS, Accumulo and/or Cassandra
• Experience with programming languages such as Java
• Development experience on Linux OS
• Scripting such as BASH, Python, Perl and/or Groovy
• Development processes such as Agile/Scrum and/or Kanban
• Familiarity with CM tools such as Jira, Git and/or Subversion
Security: Active TS/SCI w/Polygraph is required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• IDE such as Eclipse and/or IntelliJ
• Cloud Developer Certification
• Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud
• ELK Stack
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top