Cloud Engineer - Cyber Software Engineer 4
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence...The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel.
Northrop Grumman is seeking qualified and experienced Senior Cloud Engineers with a background in working alongside software developers, testers, operations specialists, and database specialists throughout migrating software to the cloud and supporting additional development efforts. This position will include working within an agile development team performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses across large and complex systems and projects. This position will be located in either Falls Church, Lorton, or Springfield, VA.
- Technical Leadership –Coach and mentor team members and more junior engineers.
- Implementation Support - Design, plan, develop, refactor and configure applications for a cloud infrastructure – for Unix/Linux and Windows platforms to ensure sustainable performance and data availability.
- On Premise to Cloud Infrastructure Transformation – Architect, Design, and develop the transformation of legacy systems from legacy on premise infrastructures to vendor provided cloud infrastructure.
- Application Maintenance – Diagnose defects and improvements. Develop and implement required updates and patches.
- Performance Management - Monitor and tune system to achieve optimum performance levels, and provide reports to support metrics collection.
- Help Desk Assistance – Address help desk requests for incident resolution, problem determination, and root-cause analysis of applications issues causing outage or performance degradation.
- Operations Support – Available for occasional off-hours support
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
- Must have an active or able to obtain a DHS/CBP security clearance.
- Experience with Atlassian toolsets, including JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with Java development and related frameworks
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience developing web services for an operational/production environment
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies, including Scrum
- Ability to communicate effectively with project staff
- Must be a team player, self motivated, self starter and a quick learner
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills
- Strong customer service experience
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills
This role will require hands on technical skills, with prior experience developing using one or more of the following technologies
- Java / J2EE / Enterprise Java solutions
- Java frameworks, including Spring, Struts, and Hibernate
- Oracle Database technologies
- Web Application hosting on WebLogic and/or Tomcat
All work will be performed on site at CBP offices in Northern Virginia. Some local travel to various CBP sites may be required. Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- 3 years experience supporting Oracle application and database environments.
- Experience with some of the following: Docker, Springboot, Maven, Artifactory, Terraform, Saltstack, Mesos
- Demonstrated experience with JDeveloper integrated development environment.
- Experience with Atlassian toolset, including Jira, Confluence, and Bamboo.
- Prior experience with CBP
- Experience with Agile Scrum and/or Scaled Agile Framework for the enterprise (SAFe).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top