Cloud Computing Systems Architect (Principal Level)
- Linthicum Heights, MD
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies.
Join us on the edge.... the Cutting Edge!
Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services organization is seeking a Principal Computer Systems Architect to perform key assignments for Mission Systems off-net Engineering and Manufacturing network. This position is located in Linthicum, MD and supports large heterogeneous unclassified computer networks that includes Linux, Windows and VMware Virtualization with emphasis on supporting software development teams.
This technical role requires an understanding of concepts including system administration, systems architecture, cyber security, and information assurance and requires the ability to support a diverse user community in a dynamic environment.
Responsibilities include system design and evaluation, hardware/software installation, upgrades, troubleshooting, repair, monitoring, tuning, automation scripting and general user support. Design, configure, and provide administration support for the VMware vRealize Cloud Suite of products that include the following: vRealize Automation, Orchestration, and Operations - Manager and Life Cycle Manager. Duties will also include maintaining system documentation, developing infrastructure support procedures, and providing security support.
• 5 Years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline. 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD
• At least 5 years of recent and related Linux or Windows Server system administration experience.
• Proven experience with technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation processes.
• Proficiency with virtualization technologies: VMware, vSphere, vCenter Server, ESXi, vRealize Cloud Suite
• Proficiency with Linux & Windows OS administration.
• Proficiency with PRTG Network Management solution
• Experience with VMware Virtualization products: Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware Horizon View
• Experience with Agile Scrum Methodology
• Experience with vulnerability scanning tools like Tenable's Security Center.
• Experience maintaining Information Systems Security Plan (ISSP).
• CompTIA Security+
• Experience with database administration (MySQL, Postgres, MSSQL, MongoDB)
• Understanding of Networking technologies including:
o Port security
o VLANs, VLAN trunking, Link Aggregation (LACP), spanning tree
o Layer 3 Routing, CIDR subnetting
o Software Defined Networking & Micro-segmentation
o Understanding of VXLAN and logical networking concepts
• Familiarity with Cisco and Juniper hardware and operating systems would be a plus.
• Superior written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work flex and overtime hours with some weekend hours expected.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top