Cloud Architect 5
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel.
Northrop Grumman is seeking qualified and experienced Cloud Architects to be a part of the PSPD team. This position will require the ability to effectively work alongside other software developers, testers, operations specialists, and database specialists throughout the full lifecycle development. This position will include working within an agile development team performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses across large and complex systems and projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment.
- Drive the deployment of customer workloads into Amazon Web Service (AWS, Microsoft Azure and increase their consumption of the platform by providing guidance, supporting development of the customers' cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers.
- Accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts by providing deep technical expertise and support in one out of the following four areas of specialization: Datacenter Transformation, Custom Applications, Security, Compliance and Privacy.
- Coach other technical team members to become certified in required cloud technical certifications.
- A Bachelors Degree in related field and 14 years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.).
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Strong experience in Cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure
- Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following technical areas: Java, JSON, Oracle, Weblogic.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with customer leadership and growing cloud consumption.
- Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Software design or development, Application Design, Systems Operations / Management, Database architecture, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, IT Security, Linux.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication.
- 9 years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects).
- 7 years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.).
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Prior work experience in Architecture position within a software and/or services company.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top