Cleared Systems Engineers - All Levels
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking Systems Engineers to join a team designing and building advanced, state-of-the-art systems in our Redondo Beach, CA location. Our team supports multiple operating units within Mission Systems at this location, where we are an integral part in the development and maintenance of software systems in a variety of mission areas including air defense C2, mission planning and execution, battle management, command/control and mission management, protected satcom and embedded software, and integrated ground systems. Candidates should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. They should project a friendly, positive attitude and works cooperatively in a multi-faceted environment; as well as exhibiting an ability and desire to self-educate. This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Application of systems engineering processes to develop systems that meet customer requirements
- Execution of trade studies to select from among multiple potential solutions
- Management of requirements, include decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation
- System modeling and simulation
- Architecture, OPSCON, and use case development using model-based systems engineering methodologies
- Database development, management, maintenance
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Perform analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, and test.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Perform Systems Requirements analysis
- Requirements database development, management, maintenance experience (e.g. DOORS, Requisite Pro)
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline with 2 years of relevant experience or Masters of Science degree
- Experience writing software or system requirements for sensors (EO/IR, radar, etc.), ground systems, mission planning, avionics or related systems
- Experience with requirements database development, management, maintenance experience (e.g. DOORS, Requisite Pro), Trade Studies analysis/development
- Experience with MS Windows applications and proficient in the use of MS Office software.
- Able to function in multi-disciplinary team-oriented environment and rapidly adapt to changing work priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have active Top Secret clearance
- Experience in systems engineering in software-centric systems
- Experience in agile systems engineering
- Proficiency with IBM Rational DOORS or similar requirements management tool
- Proficiency with MATLAB or SIMULINK
- Proficiency in system modeling tools (i.e. Rhapsody, PTC Integrity Modeler, Cameo)
- Knowledge of SysML, UML, and UPDM
- Experience conducting structured trade studies
- Integration & test experience
- Business development/proposal background
- Active SCI security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top