CJT Deputy Technical Branch Lead
- Norfolk, VA
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated professional to join our team as the Collective Joint Training Deputy Technical Branch Lead . This position is located in Suffolk, VA.
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing a diverse technical branch and facilitating the coordination between the JS J7 Modeling and Simulation Developmental Division and the Collective Training Technical Branch under the guidance of the Task Order Technical Lead Manager. The Collective Training Technical Branch is comprised of over 80+ contract employees sourced from several companies located primarily at the JS J7 Suffolk, VA. The candidate will directly supervise Northrop Grumman employees as well as provide operational direction for subcontractor employees.
As Deputy Technical Branch Lead, the candidate will assist the Technical Operations Manager in their capacity as the primary interface between the government's technical support divisions, directing the activities of the technical support team; encompassing Modeling & Simulation, OOB Database, Network Communications, and Systems Administration technicians in support of the Joint Staff J7 exercise support. In conjunction with the Operations Branch, coordinates and integrates the activities of the contract team to produce a seamless exercise support infrastructure.
The candidate will be responsible for assisting in the design, planning, preparation, coordination, execution, and analysis of the technical aspects of Joint and multinational training events to support the war fighter and for the management of all aspects of the branch to include: personnel performance and reporting; production and quality control deliverables; preparation of formal reports; development and monitoring of task level performance metrics; and directing, mentoring, and training subordinates. The candidate will ensure the timely delivery of quality products and services. A partial listing of the types of tasks is listed:
• Planning, integrating, installing, testing, operating, updating and maintaining required models and simulations (M&S), as federates or as part of a federation such as the Joint Live Virtual Constructive (JLVC) federation.
• Supervising the data collection, preparation and submission of various technical reports to the customer.
• Updating M&S operating systems and installing M&S server upgrades, installing software security patches for M&S equipment and systems, providing M&S System Exercise Capability Briefs, Gathering inputs, assembling, and validating M&S databases employed in joint training events.
• Installing, operating, and maintaining Government-designated communications systems and networks distributed from and to multiple locations for specific training events.
• Manage 24-hours per day, 7-day a week operations and provide 24-hours per day, 7-day a week IT and IA operations for the NOSC.
• Identify and coordinate cyber security operations
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
• Possess a Bachelor of Science in Communications or related technical field and a minimum of 7 years related work experience. An additional 4 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree.
• Must possess the proven ability to design, plan, analyze, execute, assess, adjust, evaluate, and report activities with little supervision.
• Must have the ability to produce well-founded, non-opinionated communication skills including ability to write/prepare formal reports.
• Must have the proven ability to plan, work and track / report progress.
• Must possess an active Secret clearance AND the ability to obtain/maintain a Top Secret Clearance/SCI clearance. US citizenship required.
• Possess a thorough understanding of the JS J7 organizational structure and their relationships and mission support requirements to Service and COCOM Joint Training Programs.
• Military experience planning / executing joint training.
• Possess a minimum of 7 years joint training experience.
• Possess a thorough understanding of modeling and simulations with respect to large scale military exercises.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top