Chief Integrator, Consulting Systems Engineer
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Chief Integrator, Consulting Systems Engineer in the Engineering & Sciences (E&S) Central Region Engineering Huntsville Site. In the Mission Systems
sector, you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe.
The qualified applicant will work in our Huntsville, Alabama office, headquarters for the Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) division.
The Chief Integrator will work as a Technical Advisor and Deputy to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Engineering Directorate System Integrator with an accompanying engineering integration staff. Enable the execution of system level integration of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). It includes understanding capability needs and critical system interdependencies at allocated integration points throughout the system engineering development process.
- Comprehends, assesses and develops industry engagement(s) to include industry reach back to drive integration issues to closure from system concept through declaration assessments for all technical baseline behaviors, functionalities, capabilities and performance.
- Provides technical oversight of the team's activities coordinating integration of BMDS capabilities.
- Required to interface with MDA's Directorate of Engineering (MDA/DE) and associated MDA Element programs to facilitate and guide integration collaboration
- Review of integration disconnects and/or issues and their settlement through resolution. In addition, remain aligned with the National Team's Program Chief Engineer, Chief Architecture and IPT Lead's in the domains of System Requirements & Concepts (SC&R), Integrated Discrimination (IDT) and Integration, Verification and Test (IVT).
- Leads technical engineering efforts (analysis, evaluation & assessments) to include: preparation of engineering products and briefings for MDA Engineering system level milestone reviews, design reviews, and/or monthly BMDS Working Group meetings.
- Lead engineering product updates and approval of products through the established MDA approval process
- Identify and track issues and action items to resolution while developing and presenting technical and programmatic briefings to the National Team and MDA management/leadership, on an as needed basis.
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
- Bachelors in Science a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline and 20 years experience; or MS in STEM and 18 years; or PhD in STEM and 15 years.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Requires previous leadership experience with systems engineering processes Implementations to include: requirements development and analysis, architecture databases/tools (e.g., DOORS and System Architect), and documentation (e.g., specifications and interface control documents).
- Project planning and scheduling, EVMS cost and schedule management.
- Experience working in close coordination and partnership with Government sponsors while understanding the dynamics of developing products within a diverse team of multiple contractors and customers.
- Broad systems engineering background with strong coordination, communication and horizontal integration skills are required.
- Leading a systems engineering team in collaboration and approval of engineering products through engineering reviews and engineering milestone events is required.
- Demonstrated leadership experience integrating the BMDS or other large scale DOD weapons systems.
- Develop, coordinate, and communicate plans and actions
- Lead and perform analysis across multiple sub-systems
- Experience applying sound systems engineering practices to integration of a system while thoroughly identifying critical system focus areas
- Interdependencies and technical/schedule disconnects and their proposed resolution
- General experience with BMDS elements (e.g., DE, BC, GM and AB) and weapon system development capabilities is highly desired.
- System experience and versatility in several BMDS functional areas (i.e., BMDS related sensors, weapons, battle management and command, control, communications) are desirable.
- Technical experience with BMDS Elements and their integration including: defining integration objectives, writing integrations plans and strategies, resolving technical systems integration issues and reporting integration results.
Back to top