Chief Engineer Systems
Northrop Grumman Technical Services Sector is seeking a Chief Systems Engineer to join the Advanced Technology Solutions team to lead our technology growth in the Space and Defense arenas. Advanced Technology Solutions (ATS) is a program of emerging technology and sustained production with various customers including NASA, AFRL, and NRO.
The Advanced Technology Solutions Chief Systems Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Program Manager and leading the engineering team in all aspects of schedule and technical performance.
This position will be located in Lanham, MD.
Chief Engineer roles and responsibilities include:
- Provide technical leadership and support.
- Attend and participate in key engineering forums
- Issue and maintain Technical Directives (TD) which establish and enforce a high quality peer review process, trade study and analysis methodology process
- Build and develop effective technical and program relationships
- Ensure Systems Engineering content is conveyed across the community for System Requirements Reviews (SRR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR), Technology Development Decisions (TDD), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR) and Product Development Decisions (PDD), Test Readiness Reviews (TRR)
- Support program growth initiatives, including identifying and defining new opportunities that result in Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs)
- 20 years with BS (18 years MS, 15 years PhD) in Science, Technical, Electrical or Math discipline
- Systems Engineering or Software Engineering background with experience in large development projects, management of multi-discipline teams and management of cost, schedule, and performance
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Prior mission, program or customer experience required.
- Position requires a current Top Secret Clearance
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to communicate the program technical baseline and technical vision
- Hands on management and leadership experience within a matrix engineering organization.
- Prior program experience with NASA and AFRL
- An active TS/SCI security clearance w/polygraph is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top