Chief Engineer 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems has an opening for an Engineering Program Manager (EPM) to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. This position is in Power & Control Systems located in Sykesville, MD, and placement will be commensurate with qualifications. The EPM is the technical authority responsible for all aspects of engineering on a program (hardware/software/systems/support/test). This individual is expected to plan and manage the technical performance for the program to meet the proposed scope, cost, and schedule requirements. The EPM is the leader of a multi-disciplined engineering team that is assigned to a program. This leadership includes:
- Coordinating the engineering aspects of proposals, assuring the technical requirements are properly addressed and the estimates are executable
- Serving as the engineering point of contact to the program manager, executive management, and the customer for technical issues and engineering performance
- Identifying and resolving technical problems that occur during the proposal or execution of the program
- Ensuring the program is adhering to sound engineering processes in the development, production, test and sustainment of products
- Ensuring the program is in compliance with company policies, procedures, and quality standards for engineering
The selected candidate will perform in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and a collaborative/team setting.He/she will lead a multi-disciplined engineering team in the development of technical solutions to complex problems. Self-motivation, organization, attention to detail and effective verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or STEM-related discipline with 9 years of experience, or Master's Degree and 7 years of experience
- Experience leading engineering teams through key efforts within a program
- Experience should encompass several of the following: project planning, cost and schedule management and tracking, technology management, risk management, performance reporting, proposals, manufacturing support, vendor selection and management, hardware specification, and program staffing
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a secret clearance.
- Familiarity with Navy and Naval Nuclear customer and programs
- A technical background in Power and/or Control Systems
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top