Checkpoint Firewall Engineer – Health IT
Where will you find innovation and technology? Right here at Northrop Grumman Corporation.
Northrop Grumman technology services sector is seeking Checkpoint Firewall Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Durham, NC
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects. It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, and be a part of a first class organization working on complex, leading edge enterprise network security. Position is responsible for providing engineering services in support of an enterprise-wide environment in one of the Federal Government’s largest civilian agency.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Information technology support services contract for the SSA.
The level four (4) Contractor supporting the Firewall Security Application must have as a minimum: One (1) firewall industry certification (i.e. Certified Checkpoint Security Expert (CCSE), Securing Cisco Network Devices (SND), Juniper Networks Certified Associate (JNCIA-FWV) and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with AIX servers in a large enterprise network consisting of at least 40,000 devices; ability to take and analyze network traces.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Designs, tests, and implements state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and database products.
- Conducts risk assessment and provides recommendations for application design.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Uses encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research.
- May prepare security reports to regulatory agencies.
- Designs and plans new firewall and network security systems to protect the network from internal and external threats.
- Evaluates potential network security products, technical solutions, and capacity requirements to meet business needs.
- Tests network security design, newly released equipment software and operating system for security vulnerabilities. Makes changes to mitigate the risk.
- Analyzes current security device configurations and determines implementation requirements.
- Develops implementation strategies, plans and processes for a nationwide rollout/upgrade of the Juniper and Check Point Firewalls
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for administering the firewalls and Endpoint Profiler system
- Provides daily monitoring/detection of potential threats and develop risk mitigation solutions
- Configure and maintain Domain Name Server (DNS), Network Time Protocol (NTP), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) servers
- Provides third-level technical support and troubleshooting for critical network security problems
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 9 years of related experience, Master’s degree and 7 years of related experience or 13 years of experience will satisfy degree and experience requirements
- Active Firewall Industry Certification (e.g. Checkpoint Security Expert (CCSE), Security Cisco Network Devices Certification (SND), or Juniper Networks Certified Internetwork Associate Certification (JNCIA-FWV))
- Knowledge of and experience with network security control systems (e.g. firewalls, anti-virus, intrusion detection, wireless, proxy server, VPN, TACACS, RADIUS, ACLs, IPSEC, 802.1x, audits, log files)
- Knowledge of IP routing protocols and implementations
- Must be a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience working with AIX servers in a large enterprise network
- Network engineering industry certification (e.g. Network , CCNA, CCNP, CISSP)
- Ability to take and analyze network traces
- Understanding of Cisco switches/routers and principle LAN/WAN technologies (e.g. Ethernet, IP routing, Multicast, DHCP)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top