Ceramic Material & Process Specialist
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking Ceramic Material and Process Specialists to support the Advanced Ceramic Facility in Linthicum, MD.
The Ceramic Material and Process Specialist will assist engineers in the Advanced Ceramic Facility to perform processes for the development and production of printed circuit boards using a variety of process equipment and materials. Responsibilities include:
- Set up and run complex process equipment; including but not limited to; punch, router measurement, screen printing, lamination and equipment used in slurry preparation and casting.
- Train, guide other Ceramic Material and Process Specialists and EMS personnel
- Maintain process documentation required in the production of printed circuit boards.
- Assist engineering in the development and implementation of process improvements.
- Make recommend process improvements to engineering.
- Set-up and operate a variety of advanced automatic/manual manufacturing and special research equipment with limited instruction and guidance from engineering or higher classified Ceramic Material and Process Specialists
- Successfully complete all required training courses.
- Capture required process data, analyze and make recommendations to engineering.
This is a SEA union represented position.
This is a 3rd shift position.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must possess a minimum of six (6) college credits in a laboratory science such as chemistry or physics, computer science, or a related technical field. Military equivalent will be accepted.
- 2 years experience in Manufacturing and/or a laboratory environment OR college or military coursework in a related technical field.
Preferred Qualifications: None.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top