CDSE Classroom and End-User Support
Northrop Grumman is looking for a CSDE Classroom and End-User Support to support the DSS-ITSS program's IT Service Desk. This position is located in Linthicum Heights, MD.
The CSDE Classroom and End-User Support will support CDSE's classroom setup, IT equipment and network configuration, desktop support, teleconference, A/V, communications and room tear-down.
A successful candidate will possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plan and lead major technology assignments. Evaluate performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Image/re-image laptops with the correct version of the approved image in the current Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and in accordance with current cybersecurity policy for student laptop use.
- Update and maintain Classroom Support SOPs and other configuration documentation as needed (e.g. special instructions for software installation and configuration, network configuration, WSUS management, and other classroom specific IT support requirements).
- Configure in-classroom equipment, printers, sound, and other systems in support of instructors.
- Setup and remove audio-phone devices to be used in classroom spaces (e.g. desktop speakerphones, etc.).
- Ensure the CDSE student environment is in compliance with current DSS IA policy and guidance. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining and updating the accreditation documentation, scanning, remediation, and accreditation.
- Customize the images as needed to meet instructor requirements prior to/post reconfiguration.
- Recommend and implement improvements and automations to the student environment and services.
- Assist with the duplication of class materials for distribution to the students prior to the instructor led course (e.g. CD or DVD duplication). Duplications will be made with at least three business days prior to requiring the materials for distribution. All materials will be requested by the customer through the Service Desk ticketing system.
- Assist with properly connecting approved systems for projector display, audio, or network in conference or meeting rooms (only DSS GFE may connect to the NIPRNet).
- Provide user training and knowledge transfer as required.
- Ensure all CDSE property and equipment is inventoried and accountability procedures are followed in accordance with the SOP.
- Document, track, and conduct trend analysis on CDSE service requests.
- Provide service request trend analysis in accordance with reporting requirements.
- 6 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree in a technical specialty: cyber security, computer science, or similar field. 4 years with Masters
- 4 years of related experience can be used in lieu of a degree
- 3 years' experience working in Desktop Support, Service Desk tech, Network Support or other customer IT support role
- Strong coral ommunication skills
- Strong understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- CompTIA Security or equivalent certification.
- Must possess active/current DoD Secret Clearance
- Active/current TS clearance (SCI eligible)
- Experience configuring in-classroom equipment such as printer, sound and other classroom support technologies.
- Extensive Desktop support experience (Build, image, update, maintain, and secure)
- Experience with DSS or the DoD Security Community.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top