At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a RF Microwave Calibration Technician 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach CA.
The Calibration Technician is distinguished by demonstrated competence in independently developing and executing unique measurements, repairing and calibrating a wide variety of equipment in different disciplines, and detecting and resolving difficult problems. Independently services, repairs and calibrates test and measuring equipment which fail to respond to normal diagnostic and corrective practice. Develops diagnostic techniques and adapts equipment to accomplish necessary repairs and measurements. Adapts measuring equipment, standards and techniques to accomplish unique measurements beyond their routine uses. Documents procedures, methods and systems for performing measurements. Assists equipment users in devising methods and procedures for obtaining measurements and may be required to operate the equipment/systems for unique or difficult measurements. Contacts equipment suppliers to obtain detail technical information on calibration and repair methods and parts information. Trains less skilled technicians in methods, concepts, and procedures. Participates in on-the-job training and related formal education.
Operates computer software for instrument controllers/computers following established formats and programs.
- High School Diploma andtwo years of experience in metrology calibration
- Practical working experience with calibration techniques
- Experience including working with standard electrical equipment: Power Meters, Power Sensors, Attenuators, Frequency Standard, Calibration kits, Network Analyzer, Signal Generator, Phase Noise, and Spectrum Analyzer
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
- Demonstrated experience in progressively more complicated calibration and maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of precision measuring equipment and calibration systems
- 3 years of experience in metrology calibration
- In-depth knowledge of measurement theory application and processes in more than one discipline
- Active In-Scope DoD Secret or SCI Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top