Calibration Technician 3
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Calibration Technician 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The selected candidate will calibrate electronic test and measuring equipment and signal generating equipment to conform to set standards. Tests, calibrates, adjusts, and maintains electromechanical, mechanical, and electronic measuring and indicating instruments. Sets up calibration sequences, methods and procedures according to detailed specifications, blueprints, drawings, and requirements. Disassembles, cleans, repairs, and replaces defective parts of test equipment such as pressure gauges and tension meters. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
The Calibration Technician 3 is distinguished by demonstrated competence in independently developing and executing unique measurements, repairing and calibrating a wide variety of equipment in different disciplines, and detecting and resolving difficult problems.
- Services, repairs and calibrates test and measuring equipment. Executes routine diagnostic techniques and adapts equipment to accomplish necessary repairs and measurements
-• Collect, compile, measure, summarize, and record data gathered during calibration.
-• Identify and correct measurement errors, as applicable.
-• Prepare Calibration Reports and certificates. (generate templates)
- Assists equipment users in equipment usage, capability and methods when necessary
- Assists higher skilled technicians by following technical advice and direction in solving unique or difficult calibration and repair problems
- Contacts equipment suppliers to obtain detail technical information on calibration and repair methods and parts information
- Participates in on-the-job training and related formal education
- Operates computer software for instrument controllers / computers following established formats and programs
- Trains less skilled technicians in methods, concepts, and procedures
- Documents procedures, methods and systems for performing measurements
- Develops diagnostic techniques and adapts equipment to accomplish necessary repairs and measurements
-• Analyze measurement data for identifying abnormalities, trends and/or predicting future values
- Adapts measuring equipment, standards and techniques to accomplish unique measurements beyond their routine uses
- Performs laboratory housekeeping
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with engineers, technicians, customers and auditors.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years additional education
- Experience in calibration and metrology functions.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an SCI clearance.
- Two (2) years of technical, vocational or pre-engineering education and five (5) years experience in metrology functions.
- Demonstrated experience in progressively more complicated calibration and maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of precision measuring equipment and calibration systems.
- Specialist must have thorough knowledge of measurement theory application and processes in more than one discipline.
- Active SCI clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top