Calibration Technician 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented Calibration Technician to join our team in Rolling Meadows, IL.
The Calibration Technician will calibrate, repair, modify and maintain electronic measuring & test equipment (M&TE) and instrumentation devising methods and procedures, utilizing measurement standards on new and existing M&TE. Responsible for the daily operation of the assigned calibration facility and the service to its internal customers and service providers. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Apply knowledge of measurement science, mathematics, physics, and electronics to calibrate measuring and test equipment to ensure measurement accuracy.
- Utilize identified calibration standards and procedures, with the ability to identify appropriate substitute standards.
- Identify and precisely follow established calibration procedures, and accurately record results in accordance with Command Media and ISO requirements.
- Perform component level troubleshooting and repair on M&TE.
- Capable of using high precision measuring equipment and scientific instruments to calibrate, verify, adjust and repair M&TE. Typical M&TE includes, but is not limited to: digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, frequency counters, function generators, RF signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and custom test fixtures.
- Adapt equipment, standards, and procedures to accomplish unique measurements.
- Must be meticulous when documenting results and maintaining records pertinent to the calibration process.
- Determine salvageability of broken, damaged, inoperable, or obsolete M&TE.
- Make recommendations as to the purchase of M&TE, accounting for purpose and support requirements.
- Perform corrective actions to address identified opportunities for improvement.
- Perform laboratory and/or departmental housekeeping.
- Interface with internal customers and external vendors as necessary .
- High school graduate or recognized equivalent.
- A minimum of six months metrology school, and 3+ years working experience in the calibration and repair of electronic measuring and test equipment; OR 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Certificate in metrology or other comparable certification in metrology techniques.
- 2 years experience in component level troubleshooting and repair of RF or complex M&TE
- Familiar with operation and programming of SureCal, MetCal, or other automation platform.
- PMEL or equivalent certificate of calibration training.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top