Calibration Technician 2
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Calibration Technician 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Calibration Technician is distinguished by demonstrated competence in independently developing and executing unique measurements, repairing and calibrating a wide variety of equipment in different disciplines, and detecting and resolving difficult problems. Independently services, repairs and calibrates test and measuring equipment which fail to respond to normal diagnostic and corrective practice. Develops diagnostic techniques and adapts equipment to accomplish necessary repairs and measurements. Adapts measuring equipment, standards and techniques to accomplish unique measurements beyond their routine uses. Documents procedures, methods and systems for performing measurements. Assists equipment users in devising methods and procedures for obtaining measurements and may be required to operate the equipment/systems for unique or difficult measurements. Contacts equipment suppliers to obtain detail technical information on calibration and repair methods and parts information. Trains less skilled technicians in methods, concepts, and procedures. Participates in on-the-job training and related formal education. Operates computer software for instrument controllers/computers following established formats and programs.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years additional education
- Experience in calibration and metrology functions.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an SCI clearance
- Two (2) years of technical, vocational or pre-engineering education years experience in metrology functions.
- Demonstrated experience in progressively more complicated calibration and maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of precision measuring equipment and calibration systems.
- Specialist must have thorough knowledge of measurement theory application and processes in more than one discipline.
Back to top