Calibration Technician 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Metrology Calibration Technician 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, California.
- Calibrates physical dimensional test measuring equipment and onsite test measuring equipment to conform to set standards.
- Tests, calibrates, adjusts, and maintains force, mass, vibration, pressure and temperature measuring and indicating instruments.
- Sets up calibration sequences, methods and procedures according to detailed specifications, blueprints, drawings, and requirements.
- Disassembles, cleans, repairs, and replaces defective parts of test equipment. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
Work will involve going into multiple buildings at the facility to perform calibration work on large-scale equipment that cannot be transported into the Metrology Lab.
- Associate's degree, 2 year technical degree, or PMEL certification is required.
- At least 2 years of experience in physical and dimensional calibration is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance and SSBI.
- Must be able to move independently from building to building to perform required calibration tasks.
- PMEL is preferred
- Active DoD Secret clearance is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top