CADD/Solid Model Checker
CADD/ Solid Model Checker verifies that all views, sections, dimensions, callouts, notes, specifications, and drawings are in compliance with specific customer requirements. Must have working knowledge and understanding of Drawing and Drafting Standards: ANSI Y 14.5M, Mil Spec, Drafting Standard Manual, ASME, and Solid Modeling Standards
Verifies that solid models are in compliance with CADD database system, plus checks solid models for the following:
No family table
Coordinate and collaborate drawing corrections with engineers, designers, or drafters.
Maintain the checking guide data.
Assist and instruct in the interpretation of drawing standards.
Have working knowledge of CADD database system (example: Intralink, TeamCenter).
Check own work for accuracy and completeness.
Perform all work in a satisfactory and timely manner.
This is Union represented position.
- Must have 4 years experience as a CADD Drafter
- AA degree in drafting from a college or advanced technical training or its equivalent in experience
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of GD&T, and Drawing/Drafting Standards: ANSI Y14.5M,
Mil Spec, Drafting Standard Manual and Solid Modeling Standards
- Must have a working knowledge of all aspects of machine design such as casting, forging, welding, brazing, machining, and assembly; physical and chemical properties of various metals; and machine tools and material handling capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with engineering and other drafting personnel; and to collaborate, coordinate, and follow project activities to completion with a high degree of accuracy
- PC/Microsoft Office proficiency
- Knowledge of Engineering Change process and documentation control
- Proficient in use of CADD software to develop solid models and drawings that meet engineering specifications
- Ability to obtain a Secret government security clearance
- Thorough knowledge of GD&T principles
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently
- Must be able to work in a team environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top