CAD Operator 2
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects. It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that’s uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We’re committed to our employees’ professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a CAD Operator 2 for the Ground Subsystems Support Contract (GSSC) to perform
- Create 2D drawings from 3D models, CM data updates such as ICDs to include mechanical and electrical equipment,
power systems, and structural components for the MM III Weapon System.
- Draft updates associated with incorporating depot maintenance procedures into Air Force (AF) technical order format in
response to engineering changes requested by the AF customer.
- Use standard computer aided design (CAD) digitizing techniques and skills.
- Digitize, edit, and revise engineering drawings of components, parts, circuits, structures and/or assemblies.
- Make engineering computations, mathematical calculations, determines scales, and prepares or revises specifications.
- May prepare pattern generating or artwork tapes for mask fabrication and operates plotters to obtain circuit drawings.
- 1 year of experience with progressive responsibility in CAD and/or drafting with certificate or degree. 3 additional years related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience using CAD software in generating detailed engineering drawings necessary to support engineering studies
- Experience with process/procedure development, control, and improvement
- Strong communication skills including technical writing and verbal communication
- Experience with people leadership and/or client interfacing role
- US Citizen able to obtain a US Secret Clearance
- Associate’s Degree or other two (2) year technical degree in related discipline.
- Two (2 ) years related experience with progressive responsibility in CAD and/or drafting.
- Preferred experience with NX.
- Experience with ICBM sustainment and upgrade projects
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top