CAD / Facilities Design Engineer 2/3 (jr/mid) - TS/SCI
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a junior to mid CAD Engineer for a program that provides asset management, space planning, deployment and O&M for the ARCHIBUS system. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing products using computer-aided design software applications such as AutoCAD, Pro/ENGINEER, and SolidWorks. The individual will also designs products, creates and tests prototypes, and oversees other drafters.
This position is located in Bolling AFB, Washington DC
- Design frameworks for a project.
- Work with industrial and packaging engineers to develop, manufacture, and market a product.
- Analyze, design and build business/technical solutions that deliver the client’s goal.
- Create detailed design documentation.
- Define, create and maintain development methodologies, procedures and standards.
- Design floor plans, elevations, and realistic renderings with the help of software.
- Aid in the selection of materials for the products.
- Produce final design specifications.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
Level 2 CAD Engineer: Bachelors Degree in a STEM related field or similar area of study and at least 2 years of related experience
Level 3 CAD Engineer: Bachelors Degree in a STEM related field or similar area of study and at least 5 years of related experience
- 2 years of experience with AutoCAD or similar design tools
- Must hold a current or active TS/SCI clearance
- Knowledge of Facilities Management
- Basic grasp of engineering drawing and principles
- Able to convert verbal and written information into two dimensional drawings which will then be used on site for construction — accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
- Must demonstrate strong client relations skills
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong problem solving skills
- Proven track record for working successfully in a team oriented environment with frequent customer interaction
- Must be able to operate independently
- Have domain knowledge of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)
- Appreciate construction methods and manufacturing processes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top