Cable/Harness Assembly Technician 3
- Palmdale, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Cable/Harness Assembly Technician to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
- Perform cable harness fabrication, assembly, and integration
- Must be able to interpret mechanical drawings and wire diagrams
- Must be able to work on and around ESD sensitive hardware
- Must be able to hand solder per J-STD
- Support integration operations - equipment moves, securing test cables, relocate cables, support test mates/demates when needed
- Perform cabling wiring for qualification models and lab systems
- Support the cognizant engineer in assessing and recommending design modifications
- Support various labs during final integration
- Technician may be required to work under or over hardware
- Technician should be available to support 2nd shift, if required.
- Work closely with engineers and leads to understand IPT needs
Capabilities and experience should include strong background in cable fabrication. Task requires use of all cabling tools such as soldering irons, crimping, torqueing and potting. Most of the activities require taking instructions from engineering. Fabrication of cables either on mockups and lab assemblies. Layup wires on mockup fixtures to fabricate harness assemblies. Delivery of completed cables consisting of variety of different connector types (e.g. circular, D-Sub, or Micro-D). Integration and test of cables on flight assemblies. Support investigation, rework, and repair activities. Support of lab mates and demates. Delivery of lab sub-system to operations for integration.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years additional education or related experience
- Experience manufacturing cables/harnesses
- Active In-scope Top Secret clearance with investigation date in last 5 years
- Ability to obtain/maintain Special Program Access
- Familiarity with building cables/harnesses which disseminate power, Ethernet/Fiber, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, MIL-STD-1553, Quadrax
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Existing Special Program Access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top