Cable and Harness Technician 3
- Dulles, VA
Manufacturing and Production
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems has an opening for a Cable and Harness Technician - Level 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Dulles, VA.
The selected candidate will work inside the Satellite Manufacturing Facility alongside a team whose goal is to integrate, test, and launch state-of-the-art geosynchronous satellites, low-earth-orbit science and technology spacecraft, International Space Station vehicles, and a host of other orbit technologies. As a Cable and Harness Tech 2 your focus will be to execute a variety of mission critical operations in the field of harness manufacturing, assembly, and installation.
The ideal candidate will/is expected to:
• Interact daily with work center management, engineers, and harness leads on technical issues, and status updates. Good communication under stressful situations is essential.
• Demonstrate general technical knowledge in manufacturing. This includes interpreting complex engineering drawings, schematics, wire list, and diagrams.
• Adhere 100% to established ISO processes, be diligent to detail, while being able to balance quality of work and efficiency. Absolutely Required
• Ability to pick up new task and learn quickly. Splicing, torqueing, running wire, mating connectors, etc. Must have a "touch" for delicate equipment.
• Hands on work around extremely fragile spacecraft. The focus for this position will be in executing technical process. All operations require a "buddy system" for checks and balances.
• Ability to identify issues, escalate them to the appropriate channels, and implement solutions to written documentation/drawings.
• Ability to work with a diverse team, take constructive feedback from Safety and QA support personnel, and understudy with an assigned mentor for up to 6 months Required
• Has a proactive attitude that does not need to be micromanaged, and can take direction.
• Ability to work inside a clean room environment, hazardous operations in a safe manor.
• Ensures work is done with completeness, accuracy, adherence to operation sheets, ISO procedures, schedules, and assign tasks.
• Ability to have a flexible work schedule with the occasional 3+ week launch campaign trip (international travel) is required of everyone. Last minute request for weekend work, second/third shift work are common to support the dynamic schedules of I&T.
Back to top