C2BMC Systems Administrator 2 (16-202)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems’ focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
The successful candidate will report to the C2BMC CENTCOM Site lead and is responsible for providing technical support as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all local hardware, software and network issues for the CENTCOM C2BMC systems in a 24×7 operations and test environment. This position requires the ability to work in a team environment on multiple tasks that involve interfacing with the warfighters to provide second level technical support, providing on-site troubleshooting of all CENTCOM C2BMC assets at all CENTCOM sites, and interfacing with the C2BMC Command Center (CCC) Level 2 team for all escalated issues. Candidate will also perform all software installs and upgrades to the CENTCOM C2BMC systems. Candidate will be responsible for the sustainment of all CENTCOM C2BMC physical inventory including spares and COMSEC devices and provide accurate documentation of all inventory movement. Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Position is normally Mon – Fri: may require on-call, evening and weekend support during system anomalies and or tests.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience or 3 years experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Candidate must meet certification requirements of DOD 8570 IAT level II (Security , etc).
- Experience in system and/or network administration (UNIX, Linux, Windows, Cisco).
- Experience with operations and maintenance of large-scale computer and communications systems/networking environments.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, and emergency maintenance on hardware and software components.
- Experience in installation of hardware, software and information assurance patches.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work on-call or weekends on an as needed basis
- Previous experience maintaining C2BMC systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top