C2BMC System Integration Engineer 3 (17-078)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
The candidate will perform the following duties:
- Integrate C2BMC software into the C2BMC test suites at the MDIOC and the operational suites at the customer sites (e.g. NORTHCOM, PACOM, STRATCOM)
- Develop site and event specific configurations to support test, war games, and exercise events
- Work with BMDSS personnel to resolve test lab issues
- Work with C2BMC Operations and Sustainment personnel to resolve installation and processing issues at the customer sites (e.g. NORTHCOM, PACOM, STRATCOM)
- Create and modify scripts to extract specific information from log files
- Perform data analysis of input, internal, and output message data
- Troubleshoot both test and operational issues
- Document test results and prepare test status documentation
- Author Spiral and build-level test plan documents and procedures
- Create Test Discrepancy Reports to document issues
- Assist software development personnel with the investigation and resolution of issues
- Work with the Operations and Sustainment functional area to provide familiarization of Spiral release software capabilities and issues
- Develop troubleshooting procedures and work-around documents
- Develop and execute detailed test plans and procedures to test C2BMC in an integrated environment or to test specific capabilities
- Plan and lead integration C2BMC tests with external elements and sensors
- Review and provide feedback of system specifications, development, test, network documents as necessary
- Attend meetings with other C2BMC IPTs, customers, etc. and represent the Integration team. Significant CONUS and OCONUS travel to customer sites (e.g. NORTHCOM, PACOM, STRATCOM) and contractor sites (e.g., Colorado Springs, Crystal City, Huntsville) required.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technical, Electrical, or Math discipline and 5 years of work experience, or 3 years with a Master's degree
- Active Secret Clearance
- Ideal candidate should have either knowledge of or practical experience with industry or DoD test methodologies and terminology.
- Experience with operational systems (e.g. Aegis, Patriot), development systems (e.g. GMD, THAAD, Aegis), and off the shelf statistical analysis packages a plus.
- Security certification required
- Experience with Systems Integration and System/Software Testing.
- Experience in the integration of system components within an integrated test environment; Working knowledge of system design and overall integration into an operational environment; expertise with PERL programming; proficiency with UNIX, including shell scripting; detailed knowledge of Windows and Unix environments; working knowledge in test plan/procedure preparation and test execution.
- Top Secret clearance desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top