C2BMC Network Transport Engineer 5 (16-187)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber security, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems’ focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
The C2BMC Network Transport Engineer 4 position will be located in Colorado Springs, CO.
Candidate will be a S8.2 Network Development Engineer – Transport responsible for developing, deploying, integrating, and testing the S8.2 C2BMC networks. Candidate will be required to travel to remote locations to perform network installations in accordance with Program configuration management processes, independently perform troubleshooting, and provide status updates to Program personnel. Candidate will be embedded with the network design team in Colorado Springs supporting network development as well as integration testing.
- Bachelor of Science in the Engineering, Science, Technology or Math and 14 years of experience; or MS & 12 years; or PhD & 9 years.
- Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security , GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA).
- The candidate must be a proven network engineer with hands-on senior-level experience and knowledge of network architecture design, development and testing methodologies.
Specific technical skills required include:
- A solid understanding of the OSI Model, TCP/IP, routing protocols BGP and OSPF
- Proven network traffic analysis, diagnostic and troubleshooting experience
- Firewall experience preferably with McAfee Sidewinder and/or Juniper firewall
- Experience in UDP multicast, SONET, MSPP, VLANs, GRE Tunnels, and TCP/IP network designs
- Hands on experience with multi-vendor switching routing (preferably Juniper), WAN optimizer, TACLANEs, and optical transport equipment
- A solid understanding of JUNOS
- Industry vendor certifications from Juniper (JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE) and/or Cisco (CCNA, CCNP)
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and network analytic tools
- Understanding of standard DOD security practices such as, STIG compliance and system accreditation implementation efforts.
- Must be an effective communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio drawing tools. Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment with other highly motivated network engineers as well as independently at times on large field projects.
- Candidates with prior C2BMC network experience are highly desired.
Also desire candidates with knowledge, skill sets or experience using protocol analyzers/sniffers (such as Wireshark, OPNET ACElive & ITGuru).
- While not required candidates with experience in the following areas are desired: Authentication & encryption methods/capabilities ( TACACS , Active Directory, GEM-X); Network Management Systems (HP NMMI, HP Network Automation, CA Performance Center, CA Data Aggregator, CA Data Repository, CA NetFlow Analyzer, JUNOS Space) or NAS/SAN technologies (NetApp, or Gigastore). Virtualization technologies such a VMWare vCenter and vSphere.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top