C2BMC Network Test & Analysis Engineering Lead 5 (17-033 )
Northrop Grumman is seeking an extremely experienced Network Test & Analysis Engineering Lead to help support a program located in Colorado Springs, CO.
Selectee will be responsible for leading a team for infrastructure test execution and planning within the multi-contractor Integration and Test (I&T) Functional Area of the Missile Defense National Team for Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC).
Coordinate, develop and execute detailed test plans and procedures to test C2BMC infrastructure and network design implementation in an integrated environment or to test specific capabilities.
Execute test of network devices communication paths and capacity performance; conduct post-test data analysis and reporting.
Create test Discrepancy Reports to document issues and assist development with the investigation and resolution of issues.
Review and comment on testability issues, obvious design flaws, anticipate data collection points and coordinate development of plans for and conduct of anomaly test and analysis as required.
Perform network management and monitoring of C2BMC lab networks to include development applications and associated hardware.
In addition to leading the team, the candidate must be able to individually conduct tests, collect and analyze data from those tests, communicate results to test team members, test management, other program teams, and the customer through both presentations and formal test reports.
Candidate experience should include: use of DoD test methodologies; infrastructure related test/analysis planning and execution; planning and execution of test data collection; and test data analysis and reporting.
The analysis experience should involve characterizing system, software, or component performance using quantitative methods; reporting the characterization to subsequent users; and contributing to performance assessment by a program system engineers.
This experience may come from independent efforts and/or from participation within test teams.
Candidate must possess strong leadership and level appropriate interpersonal communications skills both written and verbal to include demonstrated experience with briefing customer, team leadership, and high level program personnel.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong interpersonal and problem solving skills, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment. This position may require occasional travel.
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Technical, Electrical or Math discipline with a least 14 years of experience, or 12 years with a Masters, or 9 years with a PhD
- Certification Required: JNCIA/JNCIP,CCNA/CCNP and Security certification
- Active Secret clearance
- The candidate must possess the technical skills necessary to lead a team of analysts and conduct testing and analysis for the evaluation of hardware, software, algorithms and processes to verify and characterize the network capabilities of the Command and Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) element of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS).
- Required skills include understanding of messaging architectures (e.g., Service Bus Architecture) and infrastructure components; working knowledge of Network Transport, Management, and Security hardware and software capabilities.
- Testing and analysis will take place in a variety of environments/venues (stand-alone and integrated testing; in a laboratory, at a warfighter site, and potentially within multi-element ground and flight tests).
- Additional required technical skills/expertise include: Detailed knowledge of Cisco or Juniper WAN and LAN hardware and software and the ability to install and configure these devices.
- Experience in the troubleshooting of infrastructure or network problems, familiarity with DNS, knowledge of WAN protocols, proficiency in Windows and Unix/Linux, knowledge of network intrusion detection, must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, experience with network drawing tools such as Visio, and network monitoring tools such as Network Management and Monitoring System, OPNET, Wireshark and HP Operations Manager.
- The candidate must possess strong interpersonal, and verbal/written communications skills enabling him/her to work effectively in a small technical team environment, and to accurately represent test perspectives to C2BMC system architects, software designers, other testers and test support personnel, the Government customer, and personnel in other MDA programs.
- Ability to critically assess network designs; expertise in network management systems, Sidewinder Firewall functions and software
- Working knowledge of Tactical Data Links, including J/K series
- Skilled at network trouble shooting procedures and best practices
- Experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis, and system architecture design; KG-175 experience
- Experience with Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) element communication architecture across satellite and terrestrial paths (e.g., Aegis, Patriot, GMD, THAAD, SBX).
- Candidate should have experience with virtual environments (VMWare or other)and WAN optimization.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top