C2BMC Information System Security Officer (ISSO) 4 (16-222)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global securitycompany providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmannedsystems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to governmentand commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected bythe U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense NationalTeam. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System forthe United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves asNorthrop Grumman Mission Systems’ focal point for all activities associatedwith missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management andCommunications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, andtarget discrimination.
The C2BMC 8.2 Labs ISSO will primarily be responsible for maintaining the cybersecurity posture and baseline of the C2BMC Spiral 8.2 components located in multiple geographical locations. Provide Operational feedback to the Cyber Operations Lead and ISSM and attend TIM meetings. Participate in the coordination of system security and connection authorizations to C2BMC systems. Provide input to POA&M and RAR processes and memorandum of understanding/agreements. Assist in providing status on site security posture, such as, IAVA compliance and NTO/JTO status. Candidate must be a self-starting problem solver, capable of planning, coordinating, directing and controlling their individual projects, and possess the capability to work with limited supervision. Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Position is primarily Mon – Fri, however after hour and weekend support may be required to meet operational mission requirements.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience.
- Must meet certification requirements of DoD 8570 IAT III (CISSP (or Associate), CASP CE, CISA, GCED, GCIH).
- DoD Command and Control system experience to include system architecture, security engineering, and network engineering;
- Experience in problem solving and troubleshooting of complex/distributed DoD systems;
- Hands-on experience with security scanners, IDS, and network assessments;
- Knowledge of POA&M and RAR processes;
- Strong familiarity with DoD, MDA, and Program security documentation, system security engineering designs, and network cybersecurity concepts;
- Knowledge of DoDI 8500.01, DoDI 8510.01, DoDI 8530.1, DoD 857.01-M, and CJCSM 6510.01B policies and requirements;
- Sound knowledge and practical experience to direct the assessment and development of Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) and/or Operating Instructions (OIs) to effectively administer, operate and manage services under C2BMC operational control;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Visio, Project, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel;
- Knowledge of modern computer systems, client/server, LAN/WAN and Network concepts, modern network management and monitoring concepts; Knowledge and proficiency in technical writing.
- Previous experience and sound knowledge of the C2BMC System or Missile Defense.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top