C2BMC Cybersecurity A&A Engineer (19-033)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination. The position will be located at Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Strong working knowledge of Information Assurance (IA) technology, NIST standards, DoDI 8500.2 and SP 800-53 and an understanding of IA concepts such as patch management, two-factor authentication, host-based security, intrusion detection, security event management and defense-in-depth.
- Have experience in IA requirement generation, IA architecture design, IA audit tools and IA compliance for mission systems. Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to support complex organizational relationships, technical document preparation and verbal communication skills are required for presentation of technical IA issues and reports to senior government and military officials.
- Communicate and work closely with process and system owners, information technology management, IA peers, Program Office technical/management staff and other C2BMC Functional Areas to ensure the relevance of architecture and system designs in implementing program IA requirements.
- The majority of the A&A work will include technical documentation, working accreditation packages in eMASS, assessing IA vulnerabilities, engineering responses for system POA&Ms, conducting risk analysis for Risk Acceptance Requests (RARs) and providing IA support to C2BMC program and customer meetings.
- You will work collaboratively on a team and reports directly to the Cybersecurity Sustainment Task lead.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or related discipline with5+ years of experience.3+ years with a Master's. 9 years of experience may be substituted for degree.
- Active Secret clearance to start
- Current DoDI 8570 IAT Level II certification (CCNA-Security, CySA+ GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP).
- Recent hands-on Assessment & Authorization (A&A) experience creating DIACAP and/or RMF accreditation packages using eMASS
These Qualifications are Nice to Have:
- CISSP certification highly desirable
- Experience hardening Windows and Linux servers and workstations in accordance with GPOs, IAVMs and STIGs
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Employee Discount Program
On-Site Fitness Center (available at some locations)
Flexible Work Schedules
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top