Business/Requirements Analysis Skill Center Lead - Mgr Systems Engineering 2
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence! The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a qualified team leader to guide the Business Requirements Analysis Skill Center supporting the PSPD program. The Business Requirements Analysis Skill Center Lead will oversee and support the efforts of team members across multiple concurrent large and complex projects. Team members' expertise in this domain includes CBP system and mission knowledge, requirements gathering, and decomposition, interface definition, engineering documentation, problem solving, Agile, and system deployment.
The Skill Center lead will collaborate with technical leads and other skill center leads to assist systems engineering and analyst staff to provide strategic vision and guidance. The lead will monitor staff's work assignments and coordinate adjustments with project leads. The Skill Center Lead will have formal individual performance discussions with the staff twice a year as well as more frequent discussions on individual goals and career growth and development.
In addition to providing functional leadership, the Skill Center lead will be a Business/Requirements Analyst on projects responsible for research, design, development, modification, and tracking of requirements, architecture, security, schedules, interfaces, and participation in daily scrums. Also, the lead will be involved in planning of system deployments; ensuring system compliance standards are met. Lead evaluates interface between hardware and software, between internal and external systems and subsystems; operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system. Lead will organize planning meetings and communicate project status to project and customer management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform as a Sr. Business/Requirements/CM Analyst on the project supporting project goals and deliverables
- Management of direct reports/project staff, i.e. timesheet approval, performance review, career guidance and coaching
- Interface regularly with the customer
- Work with Skill Center Manager to engage development staff and create a collaborative work environment
- Collaborate with other center leads to organize inclusion activities
All work will be performed on site at CBP offices in Northern Virginia. Some local travel to various CBP sites will be required.
- 5 years of related experience in a Management role with a Bachelor's degree
- Ability to communicate effectively with project staff and customers to solve complex issues
- Must be a team player, motivated, self-starter and a quick learner
- Must have or be able to obtain a DHS/CBP security clearance.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and documentation skills
- Experience with Agile/Scrum is required
- Experience as a Business/Requirements Analyst is required
- Experience with Atlassian toolset, including JIRA and Confluence is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Prior Experience with CBP.
- Certified Scrum Master or equivalent.
- Ability to develop individual and group training plans based on program specific needs and industry trends.
- Candidates with Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top