Business Process/Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst 5
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Business Process/Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst 5 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This job will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
Are you interested in a job working for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world and that mission makes our team even stronger. This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, and be a part of a first class organization working on complex, leading edge enterprise network security.
This position is responsible for providing engineering services in support of an enterprise-wide environment in one of the Federal Government's largest civilian agency.
We are seeking a Business Process/Quality Assurance (QA) Audit Analyst who is a self-starter, highly organized and has a strong drive for quality and continuous process improvement. This position will perform quality review of established Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes and artifacts.
Job Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Conduct artifact audits by gathering, examining, and documenting appropriate and sufficient evidence of project artifacts to ensure compliance with established project management and system development life cycle policies and procedures
- Communicate audit findings by initiating discussions with project stakeholders and management and preparing reports with detailed audit results
- Participate in QA Representative Team and Change Control Board meetings to review current procedures and identify possible opportunities for improvement
- At the completion of the audit, provides objective advice to project stakeholders to address non-conformance and to provide recommendations for overall improvement of internal controls and processes that will maximize overall performance and efficiency of managing projects and development of software applications
- Develops advanced concepts, techniques, and standards
- Develop new applications based on professional principles and theories. Demonstrates skill and ability to analyze and develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Able to communicate effectively at the highest levels
- Develops solutions to problems of unusual complexity, which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness
- Challenges are frequently unique and solutions may serve as precedent for future decisions.
- Works under consultative direction toward long-range goals and objectives
- Assignments are often self-initiated with considerable latitude for independent judgment
- Develop presentations in MS PowerPoint and conduct briefings to project stakeholders
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
- Become knowledgeable on the HIPAA policies and procedures for the program and ensure awareness of HIPAA breach process. Understand your role in HIPAA compliance and be able to execute that role in an effective manner
Basic Qualifications for a Business Process/Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst 5 are:
- Master's Degree and 13 years of relevant work experience, Bachelor's Degree and 15 years of relevant work experience, or 19 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 6 years' experience of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies (such as Agile or Waterfall models)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience performing QA auditing in an IT environment for waterfall and Agile projects
- Minimum of 5 years' experience performing business and systems analysis for systems that cross multiple components and impact multiple systems
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in requirements gathering and documentation, developing use cases, functional specifications and detailed design documents; and developing test cases
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Visio, and SharePoint
- Experience working in industry's best practice project management, SDLC, and QA Audit framework and tools, and process improvement models such as CMMI and Lean/Sig Sigma
- Able to obtain and maintain a Position of Public Trust designation
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident (green card holder)
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Solid job experience in performing QA audit in a federal government setting for waterfall and Agile projects
- Solid job experience on SDLC methodologies (such as Agile or Waterfall models) and QA audit tools
- Certification in Project Management (PMP), Agile, QA, or Business Process Improvement
- Experience in using Rational RequisitePro or HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Prior SSA experience is a plus
- Directed and administered critical projects to completion, overseeing resource optimization, process re-engineering, systems analysis/design, end-user training, and technical troubleshooting
Back to top