Business Management Manager 3
- San Diego, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Business Management Manager 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals to lead the Global Supply Chain Business Management organization supporting Autonomous Systems from the Rancho Bernardo, CA.
- This function is responsible for all supply-chain related business management activities, including estimating and price/cost analyses supporting.
- Request for Proposal (RFP) internally and externally. Successful completion of all projects assigned to the organizational group.
- Defining and operating to organizational objectives.
- Ensure compliance with federal acquisition regulations relevant to this function. Maintain a broad grasp of NGAS proposal practices and procedures.
- Team with peer stakeholders to influence & impact capture and proposal strategy.
- Develop, plan and schedule all proposal activity supporting Global Supply Chain (GSC) Autonomous Systems.
- Act as an advisor to subordinate managers and analysts to meet schedules or resolve technical or operational problems.
- Manage the compilation, analysis and documentation of supplier cost data, historical data and cost models in determining objective cost positions.
- Develop and maintain material factors such as decrement and material usage allowance/attrition.
- Document the subcontract objective position in a formal Price/Cost Analysis Report (PCAR) for prime proposal support.
- Coordinate the preparation and documentation of priced Bill of Material and Material (BOM) cost estimate development.
- Coordinate the direct labor hours for all Global Supply Chain functions - Subcontract Administration, Material Distribution, Execution, and Business Management.
- Manage all audits, fact-finding, price updates, negotiations, sweeps and certifications.
- Coordinate preparation of subcontract cost analyses for Procurement Review Board (PRB) briefing.
- Lead negotiation support throughout the Prime and subcontract definitization process.
- Manage delivery of Estimate at Completion for supplier cost as requested
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: www.northropgrumman.com/ SQMVideo
- Bachelor's degree in a business or technical discipline from an accredited university with 7+ years of combined experience in the following: proposal development, financial accounting, pricing, contracts, business management and the ability to forecast supply-chain related cash requirements.
- Experience in federal contracting and strong strategy development and solid negotiation background.
- Knowledge of supplier financing under FAR Part 32, FAR/DFARS and other government regulations.
- Potential travel of 10% or greater to meet proposal and management requirements.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret clearance
- Master's degree in a business or technical discipline with 10+ years of experience within the aerospace industry.
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Experience in schedule-sensitive and change-intensive environments
- Demonstrated leadership, with excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Experience working with various military/commercial capture programs
- Experience with forecasting supply-chain related cash requirements and performance on government contracts
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top