Business Management Analyst - Budget, Cost Control, Finance, Pricing (Secret Clearance)
- Linthicum Heights, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS). As a part of the NGMS Team, you'll join experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. Most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking experienced and motivated professionals for the various entry level roles in Business Management as part of this Profile Requisition. Roles include Program Control Analysts (PCA), Pricing Analysts, Budget Analysts, Rates Analysts, and Financial Analysts. Positions will be located in one of our Mission Systems Sector facilities in the MD area which include locations in Linthicum (BWI), Annapolis Junction, Annapolis, and Sykesville.
Ideal candidates must be able to make sound decisions in a timely manner, display strong interpersonal and leadership skills, and follow compliance protocol.
Roles and responsibilities could encompass the following and vary slightly depending on specific position, program, or business unit to which you are assigned:
- Generate program performance measurement baselines (PMB) and implement approved changes
- Perform analyses and prepare reports to ensure program contracts are within negotiated, agreed-upon parameters, government cost control guidelines, and accounting guidelines
- Perform analyses and prepare program financial reports for internal and external customers relative to program cost incurrence, material tracking, and labor spending
- Identify and mitigate program cost and schedule risk
- Coordinate and prepare program financial forecasting and reporting, the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), and the Labor Resource Plan
- Facilitate, monitor, and forecast program financing mechanisms including Accounts Receivable, Advanced Payments, and Performance Based Payments
- Support program audits, reviews, and fact-finding as requested by program customers, audit agencies, and company management
- Support program cost estimate development, customer proposals, and negotiation
- Perform Earned Value Management (EVM) tasks including developing the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and performance measurement baseline (PMB), monitoring and analyzing the Estimate to Complete (ETC), Estimate at Complete (EAC), significant variances, risk management reserve (MR), and financial reserve (FR), and preparing of internal and external status reports
- Work cooperatively with the business, functional, and technical staff to address internal and external customer requests
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution with 3 years of professional experience in business management, finance, accounting, or related fields OR Master's Degree from an accredited institution with 1 year professional experience as described above
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, lookups, chart generation, VBA macros, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking, innovative behaviors, and the ability to multi-task in a challenging environment
- The willingness and ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time (Note that 10% represents the maximum travel amount for some positions included on this requisition but the majority of positions require 0% travel.)
- Current US Secret Clearance.
- Professional experience in a regulated industry such as Aerospace & Defense, Insurance, Financial Services, or Telecommunications.
- SAP or COGNOS software tool experience
- Earned Value Management customer reporting, MPM, or COBRA experience
- Current Top Secret clearance or higher
Back to top