Business Management Analyst - Budget, Cost Control, Finance, Pricing
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS). As a part of the NGMS Team you'll join experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking experienced and motivated professionals for the various entry level roles in Financial Analysis, Business Management, Cost Control, and Contracts. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Rolling Meadows, IL. (Rolling Meadows Central or Rolling Meadows North)
Roles and responsibilities of the Business Management Analyst will encompass the following, and vary slightly depending on specific position, program, or business unit to which you are assigned:
- Review and approve changes to performance measurement baseline as required.
- Support audits, reviews, fact-finding, and negotiation support requested by programs, customers, and company management.
- Perform analysis and prepare reports in order to ensure contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Support the preparation and coordination of financial forecasting and reporting, Annual Operating Plan and Resource Plan
- Perform cost and schedule risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost and scheduling risks.
- Prepare financial inputs to internal reports and presentations
- Set up a cost control system, monitor and control costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Perform program financial analyses and provide both external and internal reporting (s) for Sector programs.
- Perform Earned Value Metric (EVM) tasks including: Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) development, budget baseline, cost risk analysis/ assessment and visibility reports, development and analysis of estimates to complete.
- Maintain and provide status and tracking information on customer requests
- Work cooperatively with the technical staff to address customer requests
- Maintain and update contract documents and official program records, including contractual documents and correspondence
- Research contract issues and prepare analysis with citations
- Provide direct contract support, review contractual documents to ensure protection of company's contractual/risk posture, satisfaction of contractual requirements and adherence to company policies.
- Administer, extend, negotiate and terminate standard and nonstandard contracts.
- Conduct proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Develop proposal packages, in a timely manner and in accordance with established procedures
- Provide proposal support including taking an active role in creating contract proposal volumes, supporting fact finding and the negotiation process.
- Examine estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS REQUISITION.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria.
- The candidate musthave aBachelor's Degree from an accredited institution with 3 years of professional experience in business management, finance, accounting, or related fields OR Master's Degree from an accredited institution with 1 year professional experience as described above. (Additional experience may be accepted in lieu of degree)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite - specifically high level Excel skills (including: the ability to insert pivot tables, Vlookup, and conditional formatting, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking and, innovative behaviors in past projects, roles, or experiences
- The willingness and ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret level security clearance is required. US citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a challenging environment
- Professional experience in a regulated industry: to include Aerospace & Defense, Insurance, Financial Services, Telecommunications.
- SAP experience
- Earned Value Management Customer Reporting experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top