Business Management Analyst (Budget, Cost Control, Finance)
- San Diego, CA
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman is seeking experienced and motivated professionals for entry level roles in Financial Analysis, Business Management, Cost Control, and Pricing. This position may be located in one of the following cities:
- McClellan, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Sunnyvale, CA
- Telework may be considered for positions in this location, at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- Woodland Hills, CA
- Review and approve changes to performance measurement baseline as required.
- Support audits, reviews, fact-finding, and negotiation support requested by programs, customers, and company management.
- Perform analysis and prepare reports in order to ensure contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Support the preparation and coordination of financial forecasting and reporting, Annual Operating Plan and Resource Plan.
- Perform cost and schedule risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost and scheduling risks.
- Prepare financial inputs to internal reports and presentation.
- Set up a cost control system, monitor and control costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Perform program financial analyses and provide both external and internal reporting (s) for Sector programs.
- Perform Earned Value Metric (EVM) tasks including: Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) development, budget baseline, cost risk analysis/ assessment and visibility reports, development and analysis of estimates to complete.
- Maintain and provide status and tracking information on customer requests.
- Work cooperatively with the technical staff to address customer requests.
- Examine estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS REQUISITION.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in a Business or Finance related field with 3+ years of professional experience in business management, finance, accounting, or related fields - OR -Master's Degree from an accredited institution with 1+ year professional experience as described above.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite - specifically high level Excel skills (including: the ability to insert pivot tables, Vlookup, and conditional formatting, etc.).
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking and, innovative behaviors in past projects, roles, or experiences.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
- US citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a challenging environment.
- Professional experience in a regulated industry: to include Aerospace & Defense, Insurance, Financial Services, Telecommunications.
- SAP experience.
- Earned Value Management Customer Reporting experience.
Back to top